Surely one of the most picturesque sights in Mallorca is the town of Valldemossa. Generally, all the towns in the Serra de Tramuntana will surprise travelers, but Valldemossa, a town that only calms down in winter, is likely to give you the best impression to take back with you. It is a genuine pleasure to walk through the cobbled streets decorated with thousands of flower pots and tiles honoring St. Catherine.
There is so much you can see and do in this charming little town. Here goes a list of the essentials that you can’t afford to miss:
· The Monastery of La Cartuja
· The Cloister of Valldemossa
· The Marina (Port) of Valldemossa
· Camí de l’Arxiduc (a path for hikers)
· The Palace of King Sancho
· The Frédéric Chopin and George Sand Museum
· A visit to the Coll Bardolet Foundation
· Mirador of Puig de Sa Moneda
· Eating a potato coca with hot chocolate or almond ice cream at Ca’n Molines
· Lunch or dinner at the best, most genuine Majorcan restaurants such as Ca’n Mario or Ca’n Costa.
Valldemossa is a place that you must find time to spend at least a day in when visiting the island. Roam freely through its steep streets and stop to enjoy every corner, every façade, plus the landscapes of pine, evergreen, olive trees and cork trees all around the Serra de Tramuntana. We know you’ll fall in love with this town.
“The hotels in Mallorca of IBEROSTAR Hotels & Resorts provide visitors with irresistible emotions that you can experience on the largest of the Balearic Islands. The excellent location of the IBEROSTAR hotels in Mallorca, spread out throughout the island, provides an incomparable opportunity to discover all its secrets.”