With 2,300 hours of sunshine a year and a beach season spanning from May until mid-November, the beautiful and quaint city of Buvda, right on the coast of the Adriatic Sea, is known as Montenegro’s Miami, being as it is the most famous tourist resort in this country thanks to its beaches and the lively night-time atmosphere.
Budva is also a major travel destination thanks to its cultural and architectural heritage. The old quarter is set on a small peninsula and it bears testimony to the many treasures in its heritage. It is crisscrossed by narrow streets and squares leading to famous buildings such as the churches of Sv. Trojica, St. Ivan, St. Bogorodica and St. Sava. During the summer months these buildings are the venue for many cultural events that make Budva’s offer even more attractive. The monasteries of Stanjevici, Podostrog, Rezevici and Gradiste are the most important religious buildings in Budva and all of them are worth visiting.
But Budva is genuinely famous for its lively nightlife. Hundreds of locals from Montenegro and tourists from all over the world tour through a variety of establishments offering fun to suit every taste, ranging from small cafés, pubs and restaurants to the major night clubs in town. Here are some of the most famous:
- Top Hill. One of the most attractive discotheques in Montenegro thanks to its musical program, its modern design and huge capacity—for nearly 5,000 people. It is at 382 Toplish Hill.
- Trocadero. Since first opening in 1992, its popularity has grown to the point of becoming a mandatory visit for all the young people visiting Budva. It has a wide variety of DJs and live performances by local and international bands. The Trocadero is at Mediteranska, 4.
- Opera Club Jazz. One of the major scenarios for local music performances. Later in the evening it transforms from a concert venue to a discotheque, and when most places close (around 1.00 a.m.), the Opera Club Jazz keeps the party going all night long. The address is Crna Gora, JAZ.
- Club Sparta. Located in the city center, this is one of the most exclusive places in Budva. With capacity for 600 people, it has a warm atmosphere with electronic music, R&B and house, as well as international DJs. Open from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m., it is at Mediteranska b.b.
- Emporio Club. This option is for the most discerning guests. On the terrace by the walls of the old city is this somewhat exclusive club, much calmer than the local discotheques. The design is classy and the offer includes a variety of cocktails, wines and good music. The opening hours are from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. and it is at Vrzdak 1, Stari Grad.
If you enjoy nightlife, Budva is your destination—you can’t go wrong!
“IBEROSTAR Hotels & resorts has a 4-star hotel located right by the beach in Budva. Here visitors will find all the facilities to make the perfect experience of a family vacation in Montenegro: you have the option of an All Inclusive package, large rooms facing the sea and perfectly equipped, with all kinds of service and entertainment options for the whole family provided by dedicated professionals.”