There is a lot to the Dominican Republic, including its beaches, natural parks, bachata music, warm waters … Here we review some of the many different things you can do in this earthly paradise.
· Sun and beach, of course! It’s your decision: Bayahibe, Puerto Plata, Punta Cana… and so many more beaches.
· Visit any of the 6 Natural Scientific Reserves.
· Or the over 67 protected natural areas.
· Charming towns where you can buy genuine souvenirs: rum, typical jewels (larimar stone and amber), cigars, coffee, Taino paintings and artisan figures.
· Excursions that will leave you breathless: Isla Saona, Altos del Chavón…
· Visit the capital, Santo Domingo, and you’ll discover a city with colonial remains from the days of Spanish rule such as the cathedral, former palaces, plus streets and markets that make up a very attractive ensemble.
· Choose any of the hundreds of adventure safaris on offer throughout the island: you can visit sugar cane plantations, tobacco plantations, of go hiking through the mountains where you can enjoy spectacular landscapes, some of which have been featured in famous blockbusters (Jurassic Park, Rambo, Apocalypse Now…..), and horseback riding along the beach or in the mountains are just a few of the many safaris to choose from.
· Take some classes and learn how to dance bachata or merengue. When you get back home you’ll be an expert in hip movement!
These are just a few ideas. Surely if you let loose you’ll discover a thing or two that you can share with us here!
“The hotels that IBEROSTAR Hotels & Resorts has in the Dominican Republic take visitors to the most beautiful parts of the island thanks to 6 luxury complexes located in Bayahibe, Playa Bávaro and Puerto Plata. Their excellent location allows visitors to travel the island and discover all its secrets.”