So it´s set; you´re having a beach destination wedding. Then how about an original theme
that complement the oceanfront setting? Expert wedding planners say that having a specific
vision for your big day makes it easier to plan, especially when it comes to choosing little
details that make all the difference. From color palettes, decoration ideas, choice of music,
favors to flowers, these fab beach wedding ideas are sure to make your big day unique and
The Mermaid beach wedding theme
One of the most original beach wedding themes. Almost every little girl has once dreamt of being a mermaid. And well, since you´ll be tying the knot at the beach, you could still make that dream come true. The below magical beach wedding ideas will transform your big day into an under-water fantasy world like no other.
· Beach wedding colors:
· Beach wedding decorations: Dip seashells and starfish of various shapes and sizes in paint keeping the above suggested color palette in mind. Once dried, you could have them placed anywhere you´d like: on both sides of the aisle, on tables, hanging from chairs or any ceiling surface and on your cake even. Also, you could include a scale-patterned backdrop at the end of the aisle (also keeping the above color palette in mind) to magnify the mermaid theme even more.
Backdrop inspiration: Thank you RB PM Stock for sharing this image on Flick
· Beach wedding flowers: Staying true to the color palette, we recommend you go for red flowers. Can you think of a better way to represent everlasting love?
Flower inspiration: daisies
· Music: Celtic music – a folk musical tradition from Western Europe celebrating the sea. The harp, a primary instrument in this genre, creates a unique poetic and soothing sound, making it an excellent accompaniment for your beach wedding. We recommend Whispers of a Mermaid for your ceremony. It´s a 4-hour track and tells the story of an underwater city where beautiful mermaids live. Just perfect, don´t you agree?
· Beach wedding activity: A photo booth station where guests can have their instant pictures taken with red wigs and tridents. Fun memories for everyone to keep.
· Beach wedding favors: Hand out little jars of blue-colored bath salts to bid guests with an underwater thank you and goodbye. These really are unique beach wedding favors!
Favor inspiration: bath salts in a jar
The Hawaiian beach wedding theme.
A Hawaiian theme can be a unique and elegant way to celebrate your wedding day at the beach. This theme in particular tends to have a more relaxed vibe, allowing you and your guests to have a great time.
· Beach wedding colors:
· Beach wedding decorations: Light up the aisle with torches. Decorate tables with pineapples as well as candles in coconut shells. Use cocktail umbrellas for drinks and finger foods. You can also have a Tiki huts as the bar area and spread out ukuleles throughout the venue to emphasize on the theme even more.
Decoration inspiration: torches
Decoration inspiration: coconut shell candles
Decoration inspiration: cocktail umbrellas for drinks and finger foods
Decoration inspiration: Tiki hut for the bar area
· Beach wedding flowers: Centerpieces made from bamboo and orchids. Also make sure to handout Orchid Leis to arriving guests – the typical necklace of flowers given in Hawaii as a token of welcome.
· Music: Did you know that some of the world´s most beautiful love songs come from Hawaii? The soft and romantic sound of the ukulele will set the perfect mood for your wedding ceremony. Here´s the kind of Hawaiian music we suggest you walk down the aisle to.
· Beach wedding activity: How about a limbo dance contest? No better way to kick off a Hawaiian-themed party…
· Beach wedding favors: Mini Maracas to remind your guests of all the fun they had at your Hawaiian beach wedding – plus these cheap beach wedding favors won´t hurt your budget.
The sailor beach wedding theme.
When you think of the sea, you also think of sailors. So why not a theme inspired by those who have a true passion for open water. Love, in a way, is similar – as it is also an adventure that you find yourself navigating through, in good weather and bad.
· Beach wedding colors:
· Beach wedding decorations: Stretch out thick rope along both sides of the aisle and have little anchors hang off the chairs. For table covers, use blue and white stripes – this will hint to the typical sailor outfit. And for a thoughtful touch, have love quotes printed on messages inside bottles and spread them out across tables. You can also throw in shells and pebbles if more decoration is needed.
Rope inspiration: heart shape knots
Decoration inspiration: love quotes on messages inside bottles
· Beach wedding flowers: Since water is the main element that represents a sailor, we recommend one of the most original beach wedding flowers ideas. Use white and red flowers (as per the above suggested color palette), have most of the stems cut off, and submerge them in water inside transparent vases of different shapes and sizes.
Submerged beach theme wedding flowers: Thank you Laura for sharing this image on Flickr
· Music: Sailor songs can be very enchanting to walk down the aisle to, especially at the beach and with all the nautical decoration you will have going on. We personally love this song titled “The sailor´s hornpipe”.
· Beach wedding activity: Hang a big life preserver at the entrance of the venue. Title it “Love will save us all” and have guests sign it for you upon arrival. This will be a nice memory from your wedding day to keep in your house.
Activity inspiration: Thank you Gary J. Wood for sharing this image on Flickr
· Beach wedding favors: Compasses with your initials, wedding date and a quote that reads “Love always finds its way” – because personalized beach wedding favors are always a great idea!
Favor inspiration: Thank you Calsidyrose for sharing this image on Flickr
“Dreaming of getting married at the beach? Iberostar Hotels, located across the stunning coasts of Mexico, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Brazil and Cuba, are a perfect spot for your destination wedding. From wedding packages to à la carte weddings, Iberostar´s expert event planners are there to help you design your big day just like you´ve pictured· Beach wedding decorations: Dip seashells and starfish of various shapes and sizes in paint keeping the above suggested color palette in mind. Once dried, you could have them placed anywhere you´d like: on both sides of the aisle, on tables, hanging from chairs or any ceiling surface and on your cake even. Also, you could include a scale-patterned backdrop at the end of the aisle (also keeping the above color palette in mind) to magnify the mermaid theme even more.