The climate in this corner of Andalusia is especially benevolent. The Costa del Sol enjoys over 300 days of sunshine per year and an average temperature of 20° C (68° F). Although the water is still chilly in March, we have no doubt that there will be a few people bathing in the sea at Easter, or at least some of you will soak in the sun on any of the excellent beaches to be found. Here are some of the best ones:
1. Playa del Cristo: In the town of Estepona. It is sheltered from the winds of the Strait of Gibraltar, it is a treat for the eye and is frequented by families and young people.
2. Dunes of Artola, Cabopino: The Dunes of Artola have been declared a Natural Monument and are in Marbella.
3. Playa El Castillo-Ejido: 7 km of coastline in the town of Fuengirola.
4. Playa de Bil-Bil: Right in the center of Benalmadena, it is named after the Castle of Bil-Bil, erected in 1927 in the Arabic style.
5. Playa Burriana: One of the prettiest beaches in this region is the one in Burriana, and it receives the largest number of tourists on the coast near Nerja.
6. Playa Torreblanca: North of Benalmadena, this is an urban beach with dark sand and calm waters.
7. Playa Artola: Located in a protected area, it is a beach of fine, golden sand frequented by nudists.
8. Playa La Rada: The most emblematic beach in Estepona. It is very big and even has an area dedicated to entertainment for children.
9. Playa de Maro: The most isolated of all the beaches on this list and one of the nicest. It is small, with natural, wild surroundings.
10. Playa de La Carihuela: This beach is 2.1 km long, it is perfectly equipped and most of the people are foreigners who occupy the seaside bars and terraces. The best example of what gave the Costa del Sol its fame.
“IBEROSTAR Hotels & Resorts has two 4-star resorts in Malaga: the IBEROSTAR Marbella Coral Beach Hotel, in Marbella, and the IBEROSTAR Malaga Playa Hotel, in Torrox-Costa. Both have perfect facilities for couples or families with children on vacation in Malaga, where you can enjoy wellness areas, gardens, swimming pools, live entertainment, the best of the local and international cuisine and a great sports offer on the shores of the Mediterranean Sea.”