· Jamaica is the third largest island in the Caribbean.
· Jamaica was the first country in the Caribbean to reach independence.
· Aside from the United States, Jamaica has won a large amount of Olympic medals.
· Jamaica was the first country in the Americas to build a railroad, even before the United States.
· Jamaica has the oldest golf club in the New World: The Manchester Golf Club, founded in 1868.
· The Jamaican iguana is the largest native land animal on the island.
· Jamaica records more multiple births (two or more babies) than anywhere else on earth.
· Jamaica was the first tropical country to participate in the IOC’s Winter Games.
· Another interesting fact about Jamaica is that it was the first British colonial territory to establish its own postal service (in 1688).
· A mountain range crosses the island from east to west. The highest peak is Blue Mountain, rising up to 2,256 meters and located in the east.
· Sir Henry Morgan, one of the famous pirates who ravaged Panama, Cuba and Maracaibo, had his base in Kingston Bay.
· Have you ever heard of the Milk River Bath? It is a warm, natural spa reputed to be the most radioactive in the world!
· Despite the fact that the official language is English, many of the inhabitants of Jamaica tend to speak Patois, a hybrid of English and African Creole.
· Jamaica has more churches per square mile than any other Christian country in the world.
· The name Jamaica comes from an indigenous word meaning ‘the land of wood and water’.
· Alcohol consumption is not forbidden (so long as you are of age). But the purchase, sale or possession of drugs is forbidden. Farewell to the myth of marijuana!
Go to Jamaica, put all these facts to the test and enjoy your vacation!
“IBEROSTAR Hotels & Resorts has three 5-star vacation complexes at Montego Bay: the hotel IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach, the IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Rose Hall (adults only) and the hotel IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Suites. In these luxury lodgings you will find an exquisite culinary offer, a complete entertainment program for the family and fully equipped facilities to enjoy a wonderful vacation in Jamaica.”