You are in a beautiful European capital, Budapest, where every corner is worth a visit. You don’t have much time and need to get down to business. No time to waste. Here go the essentials, none of which will disappoint you.
· Castle of Buda: not visiting this castle is like going to Paris for the first time and not going to see the Eiffel Tower.
· Fisherman’s Bastion: here you can take the best pictures. Your Instagram account will be on fire!
· Bridges: they are all fine, beautiful, especially in the evening. The lighting is superb. You have the Chain Bridge, Freedom Bridge, Elizabeth Bridge … all of them are excellent.
· Váci Utca and Andrássy Utca: these are the main streets in the city, with plenty of restaurants, cafeterias and shops—many, many shops. You will also find some of the most important buildings in Budapest, because of their history and their unique features.
· Heroes’ Square: it is included on the UNESCO World Heritage List. If you go there in winter, right beside it they have a huge ice-skating facility. If you know how to skate you’ll have a ball. If you don’t, then it’s time to learn!
Extras (when going from one monument to the next)
· You can’t leave Budapest without stopping at Ruszwurm, a bakery that opened in 1827 where you will find incredible pastries. They are well worth tasting. It is also advisable to visit Gerbaud, where Sissi used to eat her favorite cake, and the Central Café, where prices are friendlier. Let your diet go AWOL!
· Going to a spa is a must. The Széchenyi spa has open air swimming pools where you can see the people of Budapest playing chess in the water!
· If you want to try genuine Hungarian food, for instance goulash in a nice place, go to a restaurant called Fatâl. Good prices, tasty food and an unbeatable location, right on Váci Utca, the famous street we mentioned up above.
“IBEROSTAR Hotels & Resorts has a 5-star hotel in Budapest: the IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Budapest. It is located in a privileged area, surrounded by important buildings, embassies and shopping areas. It was built in 2011 and the rooms provide a perfect sense of luxury. It also has a complete spa facility where you can relax and the hotel offers the possibility of holding business conventions, incentives trips and other kinds of professional events in Budapest.”