Planning a trip to the Canary Islands with your family? How about some splashy fun then? With good weather all year round, waterparks can be the perfect place to make up for lost family time and create everlasting memories for your children to cherish. So whether you´re looking for thrilling rides or a chilled out time in a lazy river, below you´ll find the best waterparks in Lanzarote, Gran Canaria, Tenerife and Fuerteventura.
Best Tenerife waterpark: Siam Park
With a Siamese theme, some people say this is the most spectacular water park in Tenerife and in Europe! It was actually built upon the request of a Princess from Thailand. There are 17 attractions to choose from, some of which include laser projections of a dragon, light shows, artificial white sand beaches, the highest manmade waves in the world, the longest lazy river in the world as well as a children´s play area with 120 different games. It is also where you´ll come across the statue of the world´s largest dragon and the world´s largest Thai building outside Asia. As for lunch, we highly recommend you go for delicious Thai food. It is on the menu of the park´s many restaurants. There´s even a Thai floating market, so better make sure you visit Siam Park Tenerife especially if you´ve always wanted to go to Thailand. Did we mention that it also won world´s best waterpark by TripAdvisor´s 2015 travellers´ choice?
- Address: TF-1, Santa Cruz de Tenerife
- Opening hours: 10:00-18:00
- Admission: €34 for adults, €23 for children between 3 and 11 (there are also packages)
- Phone number: 922 69 14 29
- Website: http://www.siampark.net/en/
- Recommended ride: Tower of Power. It will slide you through an aquarium with sharks and stingrays.
Already been to Siam Park Tenerife? Then we recommend you go to Aqualand Tenerife next.
Best Gran Canaria waterpark: Aqualand Maspalomas
The biggest waterpark in Gran Canaria. This park has so many attractions, you can be sure every member of your family will have a great time no matter how old or young: 12 thrilling rides, 2 fun pool areas safe for young children, a huge wave pool for some hilarious moments, a Jacuzzi bubble pool for an older crowd to relax in and of course a lazy river. You can also have the unforgettable experience of swimming with sea lions! For food, there´s a self-restaurant and a pizzeria as well as several coffee bars and shops you can buy snacks from. Oh, and parking is free!
- Address: Carretera Palmitos Park, Km 3, 35100 Maspalomas, Las Palmas
- Opening hours: 10:00-17:00
- Admission: ranging from €28 to €19 depending on age and height
- Phone number: 928 14 05 25
- Website: http://www.aqualand.es/grancanaria/en/
- Recommended ride: Mamut. It is perfect for families as 3 people can ride together.
Best Fuerteventura Waterpark: Acua Waterpark
Picture from Acua Waterpark´s Facebook page
This Corrajelo waterpark, north of the island, has diverse rides, some of which are super speedy and others super lazy. But what separates this park from others is its special focus on children´s activities. To start with, there´s an exclusive area just for the little ones, with a swimming pool as well as slides, constantly watched over by attentive lifeguards. Then there´s the Activity Pool managed by a superb animation staff. From water polo to several other creative activities, where water is the main element, children are not expected to only have a blast but also make new friends as well. Bringing toddlers along, too? No worries. You can always leave them in the best care at Kids Club, the park´s day care centre, where they´ll enjoy entertaining activities suitable for their age such as face painting, card games and guessing games. As for you? Well, you´ll find your fun too in this Fuerteventura water park. Either on the thrilling rides with your older children or perhaps in the lazy river relaxing with your partner.
- Address: Avd. De Nuestra señora del Carmen, 41, Corralejo, Fuerteventura
- Opening hours: 10:00-18:30
- Admission: €25 for adults, €19 for children
- Phone number: 928 53 70 34
- Website: http://www.acuafunpark.com/
- Recommended ride: KamiKazes. You´ll slide at a speed of 30km/h!
Best Lanzarote waterpark: Aquapark
This Lanzarote water park has more to offer than just water activities. Overall, there are 19 activities to pick from, some of which of course include waterslides (soft and rapid), a children´s pool with slides, as well as several good restaurants. But here´s the best part. There are a couple of activities you won´t find in any other waterpark of the Canary Islands. Get ready for an adrenaline-charging mode on a huge battlefield especially dedicated for Paintball. And if that´s too thrilling for your taste, you still enjoy a sense of escapade at the Adventure Park with circuits designed for both adults and children. Want to know what else is fun? Children can even rent their very own mini cars!
- Address: Avenida del Gold, s/n, Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
- Opening hours: 10:00-18:00
- Admission: €22.50 for adults, €16 for children between 2 and 12
- Phone number: 928 59 21 28
- Website: http://aquaparklanzarote.es/en/
- Recommended: Paintball, if you dare…