Planning a trip to the Canary Islands with your family? How about some splashy fun then? With good weather all year round, waterparks can be the perfect place to make up for lost family time and create everlasting memories for your children to cherish. So whether you´re looking for thrilling rides or a chilled out time in a lazy river, below you´ll find the best waterpark of each major island: Tenerife, Fuerteventura, Lanzarote and Gran Canaria.
Best waterpark in Tenerife: Siam Park
Thank you @sinrumbo28 for sharing this picture with us from Siam Park – follow them on Instagram here
With a Siamese theme, some people say this is the most spectacular waterpark in Europe. It was actually built upon the request of a Princess from Thailand. There are 17 attractions to choose from, some of which include laser projections of a dragon, light shows, artificial white sand beaches, the highest manmade waves in the world, the longest lazy river in the world as well as a children´s play area with 120 different games. It is also where you´ll come across the statue of the world´s largest dragon and the world´s largest Thai building outside Asia. As for lunch, we highly recommend you go for delicious Thai food. It is on the menu of the park´s many restaurants. There´s even a Thai floating market, so better make sure you visit Siam Park especially if you´ve always wanted to go to Thailand. Did we mention that it also won world´s best waterpark by Tripadvisor´s 2015 travellers´ choice?
- Address: TF-1, Santa Cruz de Tenerife
- Opening hours: 10:00-18:00
- Admission: €34 for adults, €23 for children between 3 and 11 (there are also packages)
- Phone number: 922 69 14 29
- Website: www.siampark.net/en/
- Recommended ride: Tower of Power. It will slide you through an aquarium with sharks and stingrays…
Best waterpark in Fuerteventura: Acua Waterpark
Thank you @tararolph97 for sharing this picture with us from Acua Waterpark – follow them on Instagram here
This waterpark in Corrajelo, north of the island, has diverse rides, some of which are super speedy and others super lazy. But what separates this park from others is its special focus on children´s activities. To start with, there´s an exclusive area just for the little ones, with a swimming pool as well as slides, constantly watched over by attentive lifeguards. Then there´s the Activity Pool managed by a superb animation staff. From water polo to several other creative activities where water is the main element, children are not expected to only have a blast but also make new friends as well. Bringing toddlers along? No worries. You can always leave them in the best care at Kids Club, the waterpark´s day care centre, where they´ll enjoy entertaining activities suitable for their age such as face painting, card games and guessing games. As for you? Well, you´ll find your fun. Either on the thrilling rides with your older children or perhaps in the lazy river relaxing with your partner.
- Address: Avd. De Nuestra señora del Carmen, 41, Corralejo, Fuerteventura
- Opening hours: 10:00-18:30
- Admission: €25 for adults, €19 for children
- Phone number: 928 53 70 34
- Website: www.acuafunpark.com/
- Recommended ride: KamiKazes. You´ll slide at a speed of 30km/h!
Best waterpark in Lanzarote: Aquapark
Thank you @debs__walker for sharing this picture with us from Aquapark – follow them on Instagram here
This waterpark in Costa Teguise has more to offer than just water activities. Overall, there are 19 activities to pick from, some of which of course include waterslides (soft and rapid), a children´s pool with slides, as well as several good restaurants. But here´s the best part. There are a couple of activities you won´t find in any other waterpark of the Canary Islands. Get ready for an adrenaline-charging mode on a huge battlefield especially dedicated for Paintball. And if that´s too thrilling for your taste, you still enjoy a sense of escapade at the Adventure Park with circuits designed for both adults and children. Want to know what else is fun? Children can even rent their very own mini cars!
- Address: Avenida del Gold, s/n, Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
- Opening hours: 10:00-18:00
- Admission: €22.50 for adults, €16 for children between 2 and 12
- Phone number: 928 59 21 28
- Website: www.aquaparklanzarote.es/en/
- Recommended: Paintball, if you dare…
Best waterpark in Gran Canaria: Aqualand Maspalomas
Thank you @jessfox2811 for sharing this picture with us from Aqualand Maspalomas – follow them on Instagram here
The biggest on the island of Gran Canaria. This waterpark has so many attractions, you can be sure every member of your family will have a great time no matter how old or young: 12 thrilling rides, 2 fun pool areas safe for young children, a huge wave pool for some hilarious moments, a Jacuzzi bubble pool for an older crowd to relax in and of course a lazy river. You can also have the unforgettable experience of swimming with sea lions! For food, there´s a self-restaurant and a pizzeria as well as several coffee bars and shops you can buy snacks from. Oh, and parking is free!
- Address: Carretera Palmitos Park, Km 3, 35100 Maspalomas, Las Palmas
- Opening hours: 10:00-17:00
- Admission: ranging from €28 to €19 depending on age and height
- Phone number: 928 14 05 25
- Website: www.aqualand.es/grancanaria/en/
- Recommended ride: Mamut. It is perfect for families as 3 people can ride together.
Looking for a hotel in the Canary Islands? The IBEROSTAR hotels located across the three islands of Tenerife, Lanzarote and Fuerteventura are an ideal place for a family holiday. The hotels are also within short distance of the above listed waterparks. Make sure to ask for direction at the hotel desk. Transportation can be provided upon request.